Thursday, January 23, 2014

Port Coogee Marina

What: Port Coogee Marina
Where: Medina Parade, North Coogee MAP
Cost: Free

To me, Perth has some of the best beaches on offer in the world, and today we took a visit to one of the newer "beaches" at the developing Port Coogee Marina. The last time I had been around this area was when my husband was involved with the environmental remediation of the then Port Catherine site. It has changed A LOT! 

We started our morning off with a breakfast of pancakes at Dome Cafe. Dome Cafe is one of the only businesses set up so far at the marina, but I'm sure there will be more to come in the future. It has the perfect location right at the corner of the beach, with a lovely view of the marina. I have always had good experiences at Dome, and today was no different. There were plenty of tables and chairs, inside and out, and they were all well spaced out, so I didn't feel like a bull in a china shop with my 2 girls and all our beach gear. I easily found a high chair for my youngest, and we didn't have to wait long for our pancakes to arrive. The pancakes were delicious, and so was my cappuccino. They had a pretty varied kids menu with prices ranging from about $5 - $7.



After brekkie, we set up camp down at the beach. The beach is fairly enclosed by the marina, so there is no waves and no seaweed! It is a nice, shallow, safe beach, making it perfect for toddlers, babies and those who aren't confident swimmers or who don't like battling waves. My toddler really enjoyed herself, and at no time did I feel unsafe with her in the water.


Tables and shade

The grassed area is quite limited, and even more so finding some in the shade, so make sure you bring your own sun shelter if you plan on spending a long time here. I did see a few barbecues, as well as the usual shower facilities. There is a water play area, but it was under maintenance during our visit.



Parking is available in front of the beach, as well as along the roadside nearby.

All in all it was a great morning out!





No comments:

Post a Comment