Monday, February 10, 2014

Valentine's Day Stained Glass Window Craft

One of the things I was most looking forward to about having kids, was being able to do crafts with them. My eldest daughter, now 2.5 years old, is at an age where she can do some simple craft projects with me. I love it, and she does too! 

My husband and I don't "do" Valentine's, but I thought it would be nice to do some Valentine's themed crafts with the girls. One of the ones we did today was stained glass windows. It's nice and simple, and easy for younger ones to do, as there is no glue or paint involved.

You will need:


Just Add Kids Perth


  • A piece of cardboard or paper (any size will do, we used a 15cm x 15cm piece of card)
  • Scissors
  • Tissue paper
  • Clear contact paper
Step 1
Print or draw a heart outline on the piece of card/paper

Step 2
Cut out the inside of the heart


Step 3
Rip or cut up different colours of tissue paper into small squares



Step 4
Cover cardboard/paper with a piece of contact.

Step 5
Place tissue paper squares on to the sticky side of the contact paper.



Step 6
Hang on a window, and enjoy!

Just Add Kids Perth

No comments:

Post a Comment